How is the board of directors elected and who serves?
Our board is made up of volunteer ROC members elected by the membership.
- The member households elect a board of directors, which appoints committees to perform different tasks and manage the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Elections take place at an annual meeting in December.
- Prior to the elections, the board of directors takes statements of interest from those interested in running for the board. In order to run for a position you must be a shareholder in good standing in the cooperative.
- If additional seats need to be filled, the board can appoint them.
- Board members cannot serve more than two consecutive terms.
- The board of directors is always looking for volunteers – there's always a place for those who want to pitch in!